Latest community care news
Keeping cool and safe in very hot weather
Although it is pleasant to have the sun out and warmer weather, there can also be dangers that such a change in heat can bring with it.
Please find below some useful tips and advice to help you should we experience a heatwave this summer.
• Stay out of the sun when it is really hot
• Wear loose clothes and, if you go out, wear sun cream, sunglasses and a hat or scarf
• Do not do too much exercise
• Have lots of cool drinks, but not alcohol, and eat cool food such as salads
• Have a cool shower, bath or wash
• Use plants and bowls of water to keep rooms cool, close curtains during the day and turn off lights you do not need
• Open windows at night when it is safe to do so
• Keep medicines cool
• Go to your doctor if you feel dizzy, have pains in your legs or stomach or feel unwell
Other News Articles